How important is after liposuction recovery period?and what to do ..
If you want to get most out of your liposuction, than you need to follow some basic liposuction recovery tips which are given below.
Your doctor will give you specific instructions, based on your individual physical and medical condition and surgery type and your occupational and lifestyle demands.
Below there are some general liposuction recovery tips for your safety and fast healing ...
1. You need to be patient.. Don’t panic or push yourself to get fast liposuction recovery. as any kind of invasive surgery is a "trauma" to the body and it will need time to recover. So you should take that necessary time to heal.
2. You need to Follow the Doctor's Orders. Take all prescribed medications and consult as your doctor knows what exactly you are going through physically and mentally. and this is the number one liposuction recovery tips for all.
3. You need to have a Realistic expectation: Like all other surgery, your liposuction will have some post surgery bruising and swelling. How much your recovery time will need or how much pain will you might get after lipo depends on person him or herself , liposuction Procedure ,Total liposuction area and person himself or herself.
4. You should be prepared for Emotional roller coaster you might face after lipo surgery. As it’s not just a little fat removal, its surgery on your body and which have both physical and emotional impact as well.
Your doctor may suggest you the diet and exercise plans and so on. If needed psychological or behavioral counseling can be added after liposuction. Below general liposuction recovery questions and answer are mentioned in details ...
General Liposuction Recovery Tips for- diet plan, medication, clothing, flying, having sex, light massage , work and exercise
Food: is there any dietary restriction
There are no dietary restrictions, however, you should drink lot of fluids after your lipo surgery so that you don’t dehydrated which is important. and you should not take greasy or acidic foods so that you will not get nauseated.
It is extremely important that you drink no alcohol while you are on this diet-including beers, wines, or wine coolers. Alcohol tends to retard wound healing
If you are diabetic, make sure to monitor your blood sugar level three times per day, for the first 2 daysYour doctor may give you a diet plan.. Stick with it. Usually your diet will mostly compose of fruits and vegetables. Beside these foods, moderate to low protein (like: fish, meat, egg, chess etc.) and low animal fat might be added to your diet.
After surgery, your doctor may give you a prescription (usually acetaminophen) for mild pain, but they seldom need to use it. you should be taking the multi-vitamin and mineral supplement as your doctor prescribes, while you are following this diet.
Cloth: Using Compression Garments
After surgery You might need to use compression garments for your fast recovery. Normally doctor tells their patients to wear this kind of clothing which covers the liposuction areas and this help the patient to reduce swelling and to make easy movement.
Note: You need use this garment until the first visit after liposuction. Keep the garment straight, in order to lessen dimpling of suctioned areas.
After your first visit with doctor, leave the garment on 24 hours a day for 3 weeks, removing it only to shower. Avoid hot showers, but warm water is acceptable. You can replace your garment at this time, as needed.
The fourth week after surgery, wear the garment during the day and remove it at nights to sleep. At this time you may purchase another garment at your local department store (i.e. J.C. Penny’s, Sears, Target). Make sure that the garment is not too constricting but tight enough to give you support.
Fly: After liposuction Is there any restriction for flying in an airplane?
Patients normally can fly on a commercial airline within 24 hours after liposuction, unless the surgeon think it’s not good idea. sitting in an airplane or any place for long intervals increases the risk for blood clots in the leg . And this might turn into nightmare if clot travel from a leg to the lungs causing a pulmonary thromboembolus.
Sex : Is there restriction regarding having sex after surgery?
There is no restriction regarding having gentle sex after surgery. Other than limitations imposed by postoperative soreness and tenderness of the treated areas, there are no restrictions at all for having sexual activity after liposuction?
Work and Exercise: how long i need to wait after liposuction for Work and Exercise?
Most patients can resume normal activities three to seven days following liposuction. Refrain from extraneous activities or exercising for the first two weeks. Although you can do gentle walking during this period, unless it is not a challenge for you.
generally After two weeks, with your doctor permission, you can resume your exercise routine if you feel comfortable and strong enough
Start gentle fingertip massage (light kneading motion) to operated areas for 10-20 min., three times daily, for three to six weeks.
Time: Liposuction Recovery time depends on
what you want to do after liposuction surgery-
• Say for a heavy physical work (like professional swimmer or dancer ) you need to wait long (at least 6 weeks)
• For less physical work , for desk job or office job you need to wait less (say for 2 to 3 days )
how liposuction is preformed
• under local anesthesia – take less time for recovery
• or general anesthesia – generally took longer time for recovery
How can postoperative swelling, bruising, and tenderness be minimized?
New techniques for post-liposuction care allow more rapid recovery, less bruising, less swelling and less prolonged tenderness. This is achieved by encouraging rapid "open drainage" of residual blood-tinged solution.
With open drainage, patients can usually see dramatic improvements within two to four weeks after surgery, and they can expect to see 90 percent of the final result within 4 to 6 weeks. With older techniques that closed incisions with sutures, the ultimate results following liposuction usually require 12 to 16 weeks to become fully apparent.
now you may like to
visit liposuction home page from liposuction recovery tips page